Re: --enable-auto-import extension

Hi!

Thursday, 15 August, 2002 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

CF> What's the status of this change?  I'd vote for including it in ld
CF> iff it is only invoked when the option is specifically used.  Then
CF> we can add the appropriate changes to cygwin, make a new release, and
CF> then make a binutils release as well.

I've snailed a copyright assignment by air mail a couple of weeks ago,
but probably it haven't been delivered yet.

I think now we can do the following:

>>should be added after new binutils package (in which ld exports
>>___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__ and ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST_END__)
>>is released.
>>Or we can only export them in pe.sc for now, and go ahead with cygwin
>>(and mingw, if anybody's interested) change. It'd just have no effect
>>until full ld patch is applied.

it's trivial (i hope) change to binutils and i already have an assignment
with cygwin.

In a discussion in cygwin-patches@ you proposed to move call to
_pei386_runtime_relocator from crt0.o to cygwin1.dll. I did it, but
haven't tested it yet in case when pseudo-relocs are present in dll,
not exe file.