This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Re: Setup.exe 126.96.36.199 crashing under Windows NT 4.0 SP6
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:12:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: Setup.exe 188.8.131.52 crashing under Windows NT 4.0 SP6
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com><048901c222e2$e3d58610$1800a8c0@LAPTOP> <firstname.lastname@example.org><010501c22330$03ac48a0$2300a8c0@LAPTOP>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Thursday, July 04, 2002, 9:54:23 AM, you wrote:
RC> ----- Original Message -----
RC> From: "Pavel Tsekov" <email@example.com>
RC> To: "Robert Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
RC> Cc: <email@example.com>
RC> Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 5:11 PM
RC> Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: Setup.exe 184.108.40.206 crashing under Windows NT
RC> 4.0 SP6
>> RC> I've applied this to HEAD and 2002-07. This evening I'll get 2002-06
>> RC> and release a new setup.exe
>> Robert, have you checked the other two patches I've sent to
>> cygwin-apps ? I think that at least the one for compress_gz.cc or a
>> version of it should be checked in before a new setup.exe is released.
RC> Not yet :[. I've already released an updated setup.exe, as that change was
RC> quite isolated.
Without that patch, there is a great chance that setup.exe would crash
when doing an install of a big number of packages (i.e. clean
install). I can confirm this myself, since yesterday I've tried many
times to do a clean install and without the patch it crashed for me
Btw the patch is really very small.