Re: User URLs in setup.exe

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 08:25:29PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>> That change seems like something easily big enough for HEAD, and
>> probably it'd be over the threshold that I'd need to be copyright-
>> assigned.  That's doable, but it'll take time of course.
>
> Copyright assignment isn't needed for setup.exe.

(Searches archives... where did I get the idea that it was?)  Oh, okay,
oops.  That's fine then.  And uncivilised employment contracts aren't an
issue in this case.

Okay, no more excuses... it's about time I got set up to build
setup.exe...

> Yes, lets turn it on it's head though: how does a user that *does* want that
> enter it via the GUI if we strip the final /?

I was thinking of "http://foo.com/foo%2f";, but apparently URL-encoding
doesn't apply to slashes, and I have to go and reread the relevant RFC.
(Probably there's an "of course it doesn't apply to separators!"
involved here :-))  Never mind, then.

    John