Re: [ITP]: Berkley DB v2

Harold Hunt wrote:

Nicholas,

I never did anything with the DB packages.  Chuck sent them to me and I sat
on them... that's about it.  I never had anytime to actually do anything
with them.  I think Chuck was doing the same thing that I do in his quote
below, namely, talking someone up in public about the great things that they
are going to do, as if they had already done them, so that they get a little
kick in the butt to start doing those great things :)  Alas, the kick wasn't
big enough.  :)

Nah, I've just found in my academic research and publications, that it's always better to be generous with spreading the credit around, than to be a glory hog. It's no different in collaborative open source programming.

--Chuck