Setup 2.218.2.9 fails to read setup.ini file from prc-tools mirror

I am trying to install prc-tools on my WinXP machine, using cygwin setup
2.218.2.9.

I select the "install from internet" button, to install to c:\cygwin, local
package directory c:\deleteme,  Direct connection,  choose
ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu and http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net ads download
sites.

When I click the Next button, the program successfully downloads setup.ini.

Then an error window with the title "Parse Errors" pops up, with a whole
set of errors.

(null) line 1: parse error, unexpected $undefined.
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)
(null) line 2: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
latest setup?)

and so forth until the error window is full.

Then the cygwin setup window shows up, but the prc-tools options are not
available under the Devel group.

I have succesfully installed prc-tools using setup on my Win98 machine
using the same version of setup and the same mirrors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Carl Sorensen