RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld

Well then, this is only half the puzzle. I can see what you gain from
such a patch, but as Chuck as indicated, it will cause -major-
difficulties in management.

A patch to use hint ordinals when linking by name would be _very_ useful
though, as that would
a) give the performance benefit you are looking for
b) allow backward compatible library versioning as link-by-name does.

We'd probably also need to ensure that strip leaves the names in the IAT
(I wasn't clear from your other email whether it does that or not).

Rob