RE: fastcall

What sort of support can we offer? I'm happy to vouch that 'it works for
me'. We've been round this one before with the --auto-import patch after
all.

> For the fastcall to work, binutils support is also needed.
> There is a big problem with binutils because of the vacuum
> left by DJ stepping down as w32 maintainer.  There are
> currently  bugs in binutils with respect to ld --shared (or
> at least there was two weeks ago and has been since 17 [UTC]
> December).
>
> Related frustrations:  ReactOs team has submitted several
> relatively non-intrusive patches for useful windres
> improvements that have not been seriously reviewed.  My patch
> for --exclude-all-libs lingered into forgetfullness.  Ditto
> for a ReactOs patch for checksums in pe-executables.

Which would be wonderful things to have.

> Chris asked the question a while ago: "Wanna be a binutils
> maintainer".

Are you asking if someone here can step up? I'd love to, but I suspect I
don't have the time to do a good job. I'm struggling to answer all
setup.exe related questions at the moment. Also, I think the issue is
needing the binutils w32 maintainer, not a cygwin port maintainer, and
frankly, I've no idea what sort of time commitment that entails. If
someone (perhaps DJ) can clarify that I'll consider stepping up for that
maintainership - on the basis of someone being better than no-one, even
if I'm a bit slow on response for them.

Rob