about rsync's "read error"

The unix version had some "hang" problems caused by improper closing of the
socket, it seems that those are the same problem that caused cywin compiled
version to always report "read error" after sending.
There's a patch for that hang problem, on rsync mailing list, that solves that
problems for unix version and incidentally solves cygwin's problems as well.

It's a "working on", tough.. maybe we could use that to do a rsync-2.4.6-2,
marking it as "experimental" in setup.exe
Or maybe it's better to just wait that rsync finishes to develop 2.4.7, that
will contain that patch?
I tested it in various ways and it shouws no problems (it shows one problem
less, actually), but I can't say I'm *really* sure it works perfectly.

Anyway, the package is ready nonetheless at:
http://www.lapo.it/tmp/rsync-2.4.6-2.tar.bz2
http://www.lapo.it/tmp/rsync-2.4.6-2-src.tar.bz2

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini