RE: gcj && libjava for cygwin

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, David Billinghurst wrote:
> What I don't understand where _Jv_Sjlj_Throw and JNI_OnLoad are defined.

The former is generated by the compiler, which defaults to sjlj exceptions
on cygwin since DWARF2 is not supported for that target.

To get libgcj in sync, configure with --enable-sjlj-exceptions.  That
could be done in configure.host (however I thought _Jv_Sjlj_Throw was
going away due to rth's work on EH personalities... are you working on the
branch, or mainline?)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Anthony Green wrote:
> JNI_OnLoad is a weak symbol -- see natFirstThread.cc.  Shared libraries of
> JNI code define it. Do weak symbols not work on cygwin?

They don't.  What is the proper workaround?  Define a JNI_OnLoad stub in a
static archive?

Jeff