Re: Texinfo-4.0

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 02:47:58PM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:

>> >This is the reason I modified my specs file to remove those definitions.
>> IMHO,
>> >reversing -mno-win32 to -mwin32 is best.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I think it is too late for this now.  I think it will cause
>> immense confusion and breakage if we do this.
>>

>Like what?  How?  IMO, the confusion and breakage is with the way the specs are
>now.

For people who are using gcc to compile Windows programs for one.  For
another, I'm sure that there are packages out there that are actually
doing the right thing for the wrong reason under 'ifdef WIN32' control.

However, I'm willing to be swayed on the issue.  If everyone else agrees
that changing the default is the right decision, I'll be happy to do it.

cgf