*NEWER* test version of libpng (1.0.8pre4)

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> > are now available for testing at
> >    ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/private/cygwin-extras-392/
> >
> > libpng-1.0.8pre4-1.tar.gz
> > libpng-1.0.8pre4-1-src.tar.gz
> >
> > libpng-1.0.8pre4-1.patch

Built on a stock cygwin-1.1.2 system (but with the updated ld.exe from
http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/linker/ld.exe.tar.gz)

Most of my changes have been merged into the standard libpng
distribution as of v1.0.8beta4. The remaining patch only adds the
CYGWIN-PATCHES directory with its README file, and adds the appropriate
lines to scripts/makefile.cygwin so that the cygwin-specific README is
installed into /usr/doc/Cygwin/

Unless there are objections from either this list or the png-implement
list, I expect that v1.0.8final will look a lot like this package, and
the changes for cygwin packaging will remain similarly minor.

--Chuck