This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:04:04 -0500
- Subject: vim 8.0.0525-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com D14F42EF19A
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com D14F42EF19A
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
Vim (Vi IMproved) is an almost compatible version of the UNIX editor vi.
Almost every possible command can be performed using only ASCII characters.
Many new features have been added: multilevel undo, command line history,
file name completion, block operations, and editing of binary data.
This is an update to yesterday's patchset. The reported issue with errors
launching /bin/vi when vim-common is installed are not yet fixed.