This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

[1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-57

Hi folks,

I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-57.

I refrain from telling nonsense like "this is the last test release"
and stuff like that.  I finally catched up with reality.

You know the drill by now, see the older test release announcements
as http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2009-07/msg00012.html

Btw., the User's Guide is also available as PDF now:
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.pdf

What's new in contrast to 1.7.0-56
===================================

- Nothing.

Bugfixes:
=========

- Fix `mount -a' command to create more than just one of the new entries.

- mkgroup -d -g <groupname>' didn't work correctly for gloabl groups.

- Fix a signal problem in the WCONTINUED case.

- Fix more potential crashes introduce with the memory size reduction
  patch in the -53 test release.

- Reduce default socket buffer size to 65535 since some people can
  reproduce a problem duplicating a socket handle with a buffer size
  of 65536.

- Workaround XP/2003 bug in getnameinfo in case the port number doesn't
  resolve to a well-known service.

- Workaround yet another Windows 7 problem with console windows.

- Fix the shell script executablity check introduced in -51.  This solves
  the "bad interpreter: Permission denied" problem reported in
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-08/msg00167.html and

- Fix a rare border case in process startup which only occurs if a
  native Win32 application starts a Cygwin application with one of more
  of the incoming stdio handles being a socket handle.

- Set NGROUPS and NGROUPS_MAX values to a more sane value (1024 rather
  than 16).

FAQ:
====

- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-57?

  A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-08-11 11:07"

Have fun,
Corinna

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: