This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Updated: lynx-2.8.5-4

I've updated the version of lynx to 2.8.5-4.

This updates Lynx to the official 2.8.5.rel5 patchlevel.  This release
contains the following security related patches:

* modify LYLoadCGI() to prompt user, displaying the command that would
  be executed, to confirm that it should be.  This makes it easier to
  notice when a local program would be run by activating a lynxcgi link.
  This is not done in advanced mode, since the URL is already visible in
  the status line (report by vade79, comments by Greg MacManus) -TD

* eliminate fixed-size buffers in HTrjis() and related functions to
  avoid potential buffer overflow in nntp pages (report by Ulf
  Harnhammar, CAN-2005-3120) -TD

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have general questions or comments, please send them to the
Cygwin mailing list at: "cygwin at cygwin dot com".  I would appreciate
it if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: