This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated Cygwin Package: rebase-2.4-1
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Cygwin Announce <cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:59:32 -0400
- Subject: Updated Cygwin Package: rebase-2.4-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I have updated the version of rebase to 2.4-1. The tarballs should be
available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
The notable changes (all to rebaseall) since the previous release are:
* Convert from bash to ash script.
* Add support to verify that only ash processes are running or exit.
* Add rebasing of .so files too.
* Add suffix option (i.e., -s) to support rebasing of DLLs with
* Add support for spaces in file and directory paths.
* Change to exit with rebase's exit code instead of unconditionally
exiting with zero (patch from Axel Naumann).
* Remove obsolete Apache hack.
The Cygwin rebase package contains two utilities, rebase and rebaseall.
The first utility is modeled after Microsoft's SDK rebase:
The rebaseall utility is a convenient way for users that suffer from the
Cygwin rebase problem to rebase their entire system (i.e., all of their
Please read the README file:
since it covers requirements, usage, known issues, etc.
I would like to thank Ralf Habacker for providing the imagehelper
library. This library has enabled me to create a rebase utility that
is usable by all Cygwin user (regardless of platform) on all DLLs
(regardless of stripping).
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6