This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:22:50 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.13-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Changes since 1.5.12-1:
- Properly load registry hive for seteuid. (Pierre Humblet)
- Rework process creation framework to eliminate "reparenting" and to
improve security. (Christopher Faylor with original concept/idea and *huge*
assist from Pierre Humblet)
- Properly deal with quoted first argument in main(). (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix console scrolling problems. (Thomas Wolff)
- Fix race in tty handling. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement pututline, setutxent, endutxent, getutxent, getutxid, getutxline,
pututxline. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix console problem where reverse output is unreadable when nonreversed text
is bright. (Thomas Wolff)
- Regularize handling of trailing spaces and dots in path names.
(Christopher Faylor, Pierre Humblet)
- Fix some cygthread races, some of which were the cause of at least one
"hyperthreading problem". (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix problems with changing protection of on-disk device files.
- Fix startup problems when attempts to allocate shared memory fail to
find standard region for specific shared memory. (Christopher Faylor)
- Clarify "multiple cygwin problem" messages slightly. (Christopher Faylor)
- Disallow empty strings and strings starting with '=' in Win32 environment.
- Fix "MapViewOfFileEx" errors that sometimes showed up on startup.
- Change system() to use /bin/sh, as per linux. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix some problems with serial I/O. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Try to consistently set ctime as per SuSv3. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Allow cygwin shortcuts to be viewed as windows shortcuts. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement getpriority() and setpriority(). (Corinna Vinschen)
- Properly return ENOTDIR rather than ENOENT when a program attempts to
use a file like a directory. (Pierre Humblet)
- Avoid a handle leak when select is used in a thread that exits.
- Implement /proc/self. (Chris January, Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement /proc/<pid>/maps, /proc/<pid>/root, /proc/<pid>/exe,
/proc/<pid>/cwd. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement /proc/<pid>/fd/... (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement CYGWIN environment variable setting traverse/notraverse. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Use device numbers rather than device names internally to cygwin as a prelude towards
removing special handling of /dev. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix handling of /proc/partitions so that more partitions are displayed.
- Don't be fooled by address strings that begin with digits in gethostbyname.
- Make second parameter to utimes() and utime() const as per SuSv3. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Don't be confused by junction points. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement fdatasync. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement /dev/full. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement getpeereid() and getsockopt(..., SO_PEERCRED, ...).
- Implement basename() and dirname(). (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add missing strftime flags. (Eric Blake)
- Rework page alignment handling in anonymus mmap. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Don't treat a standalone '//' as a windows UNC introducer. Works around bash bug
where '//' is used when attempting to tab expand files in the root directory.
- Fix thread synchronization in cygserver. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix opening and renaming directories. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement statvfs() and fstatvfs(). (Corinna Vinschen)