gcc for embedded linux

Hello,

I'm a newbie in cross-compiling and I'm not a developer. I hope someone could help me in this issue.

I try to install the Python-software Octoprint (http://octoprint.org/) on a mips-based router (Fritzbox) to control an USB-connected 3d-printer.

I cross-compiled Python 2.7.3 for mips with this tutorial: http://www.embedded-hacking.com/index.php/python-f%C3%BCr-embedded-linux-kompilieren.html and installed setuptools using this Python on the router. For the Octoprint installation and the additional Python-packages is a gcc required on the router. But there is no available on this embedded linux.

Is it possible to use this toolchain to cross compile a gcc for the router (mips binary) to compile the Python-packages on the router?

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Thomas