Re: cross-compile gstreamer: can't find "glibconfig.h"

Ok, I solved this problem.

After messing around for quite some, I finally looked at the
config.log in detail - as well as configure's help. Turns out that
glib needs its own set of compile flags, at least for cross compiling.
Adding a "--sysroot=<>", along with the target's glib includedirs to
the GLIB_CFLAGS variable fixed that problem.

One really good suggestion I got from another forum, was to mount the
rpi's SD card on the build machine, and - for the cross compiler -
point the target's sysroot at the SD card's mount point. Then, all
inlcudedirs,and libdirs can be referenced below that sysroot. This of
course assumes that all required rpms (for the app - gstreamer), are
already installed on the SD card. Actually worked out really well.

And when I get the "make install" to work, then gstreamer will be
installed on the SD card. So the rpi would have everything installed,
and ready to run (or at least debug). Unfortunately, the "make
install" craps out not finding the armv6 cross compiler when it
(libtool) wants to rebuild something. But that will be a matter of
another post, so as not to confuse these two problems.

ken