From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org [crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org] on behalf of Chris Packham [Chris.Packham@alliedtelesis.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:42 PM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org; Bryan Hundven
Subject: Any chance of bringing gcc 4.7 support back to crosstool-ng 1.23

Hi Bryan,

I realize this is probably re-hashing something that was discussed a few
months ago but is there any chance of bringing back support for gcc 4.7.x?

We have a vendor toolchain based on this. Fortunately the vendor
provides source but updating this source against a newer gcc is a bit
beyond our capabilities. We've asked the vendor if they can provide
their toolchain based on a current gcc but so far no movement on that.

Alternatively would it be possible to have a "custom" gcc version in the
configuration so we could point it at the vendors source tarball. I
think we'd want the same for binutils and glibc but I think we could get
away with those being patches on top of the upstream source.

Thanks,
Chris