Re: crosstool-NG Debian packaging

10 ÑÐÐÑÐÐÑ 2016 Ð., 23:32, "Chris Packham" <Chris.Packham@alliedtelesis.co.nz> ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ:
> Hi Bryan, Andrew,
>
> I see that there is some movement on packaging crosstool-NG for Debian.
> This is relevant to my interests and I have subscribed to your mailing
> list :).
>
> Is there an open Debian bug for this? I've found a few older ones but
> they all seem to have timed out due to lack of interest.

Hi, Chris. Unfortunately, I'm not a debian maintainer and there's no open bug
for that in debian bugtracker. I've done the packaging for my own needs,
since it was waaay faster than opening a bug ;). So unless you know some debian
maintainers crosstool-ng won't land in debian repositories any time soon;)

> I'm also interested in the possibility of generating debian packages for
> the toolchains themselves.
>
> We're in the process of updating our cross toolchain(s) and being able
> to distribute .deb files to our developers is quite attractive. Is
> anyone looking at such a capability? If not any pointers?

I guess the simplest way would be generating a static toolchain tarball and later
writing an independant wrapper that would generate a deb and place everything in
/opt/

> Thanks,
> Chris Packham.

Regards,