Crosstool build status on OSX

Wanted to provide some feedback on my current build status.  I am attempting to build tools sets for use with the ARM STM32 cortex M4, powerpc MPC55544, and pic32mx/z hosted on OSX Yosemite.

So far I have successfully built tool chains for arm-eabi, powerpc-eabi, and a generic mips.

I think the arm and powerpc may be good for my targets but I know I need to build specifically for the pic32 stuff as a target which I donât see how to do just yet  with crosstools.  Not a bit deal but something I will tinker with.  Most importantly I have gdb for mips so I think this will work even with the PIC xc32 compiler.

I did run into a couple issues I would like to summarize.  I pretty much followed the directions provided on this link

https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/crosstool-NG/issues/5

This worked will but ran into a build issue where offset is not defined.  This we fixed by adding

#define offsetof(type,field) __builtin_offsetof(type, field) to kconfig/zconf.hash.c

Once this was done I was able to run ct-ng.

The first issue is that you must specify your paths for sources and tools to somewhere on the case sensitive volume, defaults are your home directory.
The second issue was that I had to disable statically building libstdc++.
The third issue was that building failed in the installing C Libraries, this was because I was building linaro binutils and newlib.

I currently have a couple open items I need to solve, specifically how to specify the pic32 target or will I need to do this by hand.  Looking at microchip instructions on how this is done.  FYI, they use 4.5.2.

Second and hopefully more simple is how to specify building libstdc++ for my targets.

I did do a pull for the âknobâ for linaro but did not notice any differences.

Hope this info helps anyone and if anyone has input on my two items I would appreciate it.

Woody