Re: cavium support

Reinoud,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Reinoud Koornstra
<reinoudkoornstra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, when choosing the cpu type, cavium is not in the list of support cpu's.
> Do you mean you set the cpu to mips 32 bits of 64 bits to support these cpu's?
> Have you been building it in combination with uclibc or glibc?
> Thanks,
>
> Reinoud.
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM, M P <buserror@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9 December 2014 at 22:03, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Reinoud,

>>> Personally, I don't have any problems with it. I don't have their
>>> hardware to be able to test a toolchain with it. I know they have
>>> mips, mips64, and now arm(?) platforms. If you have their hardware,
>>> there is nothing stopping you from sending patches to crosstool-ng to
>>> add support.
>>

>> I have been building octeon 32/64 toolchains for the last couple of
>> years. What do you mean by 'support' Reinoud?

As Mike suggested, there isn't a compiler option specific to
cavium/octeon to support this board.
However, you can just build a mips-unknown-linux-gnu or
mips64-unknown-linux-gnu, and it should work fine.

I remember building a mips64 toolchain with crosstool-ng in
2010/2011-ish for an octeon board and didn't have any issues.

Cheers,

-Bryan