Re: Q: whald should I give my "customers" ?

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 07:57:34PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
> On 31/12/2013, Mau Z <zmau1962@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have no  problems with licenses (all in the same city).
>
> You may not, but the GNU foundation and your customers may!
>
> If you give executables of GPL-ed software to people, you must also
> make available to them the sources used to created those binaries: the
> tarballs of the binutils, gcc, glibc sources and, of course, of the
> build system used to compile them (crosstool-ng).

That's is not my understanding of the license. According to subsection 6b of
the GPLv3 license (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html), it is enough to
"accompany" the binary program you distribute with "a written offer... to
give... a copy of the Corresponding Source...". No need to send the huge pack
of source code when nobody asked for it.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

baruch

   - baruch@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -