Re: crosstool-ng powerpc with libstdc++ build error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

On 09/05/2013 03:01, ANDY KENNEDY wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Will Wagner
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:56 PM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: crosstool-ng powerpc with libstdc++ build error: Link tests are not allowed after
GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

Hello,

I am having difficulty building a powerpc toolchain with crosstool 1.18.0

I am using:
- binutils 2.22
- gcc 4.7.2
- eglibc 2.17

The toolchain builds fine with no C++ support. However with C++ support
it goes wrong when trying to configure libstdc++.

Unset the option CT_CC_GCC_ENABLE_TARGET_OPTSPACE.

Doing so worked for me.  I believe I found this fix in the CTNG documentation.

Andy

Thanks, that fixes it. I did search the ct-ng source and documentation but couldn't find an reference to this.

Do you have any idea what is going on and why optimising for size breaks it?

Thanks
Will