std::shared_future

In reference to this StackOverflow post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16133977/stdshared-future-on-raspberry-pi-toolchain

How would I go about having crosstool-ng compile support for
std::future into the cross compiler? Is this currently supported by
crosstool-ng? Currently I'm running 4.7.3 linaro, and the output of
g++ -v indicates that the compiler is using POSIX threads. Should I
wait until 4.8?

Any pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

-Sagar Pandya