Re: Alpha Cross compiler

Hi!

On Wed, 2013-01-23 13:07:07 -0500, Mahshid Sedghi <mahshid.sedghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help. I used -S to generate the assembly code, and by
> looking at it I realized that one of the header files which are included
> there uses an inline assembly function for x86. Therefore, Alpha cross
> compiler is unable to assemble the code since it has x86 specific
> instructions.
>
> So, does that mean that I need to translate those parts manually from x86
> assembly code to alpha code?

In short: Yes, it does.  With some luck, the software you try to
compile also ships a generic C version along with the (probably)
optimized inline assembler. Maybe it's just some configury needed?

What are you actually trying to build?

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                   ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,