Re: CT-NG v1.14.0 Build Fails

Chris, Bryan, All,

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 20:46:33 Bryan Hundven wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Chris Wilkinson <winstonian36@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Fails at step cc_core_pass_2. Using the sample config
> > 'powerpc-e300c3-linux-gnu'.

That sample built fine yesterday before I did the release.
Host: Debian Squeeze x86_64

I'm rebuilding right now to double-check, though...

> Could you post a full build.log somewhere. Please don't attach it to
> the ML, as it is too big.
> Also, I know it is a sample config, but it may be outdated and before
> the build ct-ng runs 'oldconfig' which changes the config. If you
> could also post the config from your build directory, that could also
> prove useful.

What you said made me think about it, and you are right. Even if the sample
is up-to-date with the option set, if the host is missing some dependencies
which were present on my system, then the local .config can indeed be
different.

If this is the case, then 'oldconfig' would prompt the user, so it would
have been noticed...

But indeed: build.log (compressed) on some http site, and local .config
would help to solve the issue.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.