Re: Q: Can't build

Alexandr, All,

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 18:17:33 Alexandr Zatevalov wrote:
> I try do build my cross-compiler by Crosstool_NG (it was installes for
> Cygwin (working on Windows7, 'C' Volume, NTFS)).
> But i see error.
> This is the text from log-file:
>
> [ERROR]  Your file system in '/home/áÌÅËÓÁÎÄÒ/workspace/toolchain-build
> /.build' is *not* case-sensitive!

Windows' native file systems are *not* case-sensitive (they are case-
preserving, though). By default Cygwin 1.5 did not do anything special
to aleviate the issue, but there is an option when mounting the fie
systems in Cygwin to get care-sensitivity. You need to specify the 'managed'
mount option.

See for the (obsolete) Cygwin 1.5:
    http://cygwin.com/1.5/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.case-sensitive
and for Cygwin 1.7:
    http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.case-sensitive

Cygwin 1.7, however, does not have this limitation, and file systems mounted
in Cygwin 1.7 are case-sensitive by default.

So, it seems you have an old version of Cygwin, in case you must use
managed mount points, os you must upgrade. This is alrady documented
in the known issues:

    http://crosstool-ng.org/hg/crosstool-ng/file/tip/docs/B%20-%20Known%20issues.txt#l77

(not the same symptom, but the same cause).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.