Re: [CT-NG] Status : canadian rework

Hello Yann,

i wanted to test building a canadian cross:
BUILD: linux
HOST: i686-pc-mingw32
TARGET: arm-unknow-uclibcgnueabi
but unfortunately I failed.

I then tried to build the mingw canadian sample you mentioned in your email, but it also fails at the very beginning with this lines:

[INFO ] Performing some trivial sanity checks
[INFO ] Build started 20110310.133646
[INFO ] Building environment variables
[EXTRA] Preparing working directories
[ERROR] Missing: 'i586-mingw32msvc-ar' or 'i586-mingw32msvc-ar' or 'ar' : either needed!

I'm a little bit confused (long time ago that a built my last canadian cross compiler), am I'm doing wrong here to leave the config from the sample unchanged and tried directly to build the canadian cross in one shot?
Do I have to build first a cross compiler for i586-mingw32msvc that runs on linux and then build a cross compiler for let's say arm-unknown-uclibcgnueabi that runs on linux, and then do the canadian cross compilation?

Can you please explain the right way to do that?

Thanks,
Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr>