Re: final build log location

Trevor, All,

On Wednesday 02 March 2011 22:07:00 Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Yann E. MORIN
> <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> > Unless you can come with strong arguments against including it in the
> > toolchain, in which case I will review my position, of course! Although
> > there is no guarantee I would change my mind! :-]
>
> I'm not looking to change anyone's opinion;

And I was merely saying that I _am_ ready to change my mind if it makes
sense. Your input is much welcome!

> I like the logging feature of CT-NG, but most builds don't do logging
> so I would normally just affix "2>&1 | tee LOG" to the end of any
> builds I perform. Then, if I want to look through the log, the log is
> sitting right there in my `pwd`.

You can still do that if you want:
  Paths and misc options  --->
        Maximum log level to see: (DEBUG)
    [ ] Log to a file

It removes the rotating progress bar [/-\|] and also removes printing
the elapsed time. The build.log file is not created. You can then pipe
the output to whatever you want, the way you are used to would create
the exact same log file.

> I was sitting in my build (aka work-area) directory, had just
> performed a successful CT-NG build, and wanted to look through the
> build log... only to then have to go searching for it :-D

And what if we'd put a symlink in the build tree that points to the latest
build.log?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.