Re: CT-NG: floating point support in Newlibs printf?

Hi Yann,

On 2010-10-23 00:40, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
Jeppe, All,

On Thursday 21 October 2010 12:55:30 Jeppe Ledet-Pedersen wrote:
I have successfully compiled a toolchain for my ARM7TDMI with
crosstool-NG 1.8.1. I have used GCC 4.5.0, Newlib 1.18 and Binutils
2.20.1, disabled EABI and software floating point. The full
build.log.bz2 can be downloaded from http://kom.aau.dk/~jledet/build.log.bz2

I can compile my codebase with no errors, but I am having trouble when
trying to use printf and siblings with floating point values. Everything
else, including printf's with integers, seems to work as expected.
[--SNIP--]

Care to see if the attached is working for you?

First of all, thank you very much for the patch. Unfortunately, the problem persists, and I experience the exact same behavior as with my other toolchains. I think floating point printf is automatically enabled in Newlib unless explicitly disabled with --disable-newlib-io-float?

I found these two discussions from 2009, that mention the same issue:
http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2009/august/msg00028.html
http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2009/september/msg00072.html

I think I need to figure out the correct setting for the --with-float and --with-fpu switches.

I was able to build a toolchain with it, but I have nothing to test the result on.

I updated to the CT-NG version in your repository. My build log can be downloaded from http://kom.aau.dk/~jledet/build_patched.log.bz2

Regards, Yann E. MORIN.

Once again, thank you for your reply.

Best regards,