Re: fenv.h not found?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Anthony Foiani
<anthony.foiani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings, Bryan --
>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm. I have been building e500v2 toolchains with ct-ng for a little
>> while, and the only problems I have ran into were
>> --enable-target-optspace hitting an optimization issue and this c++
>> search path issue (the last one happened on all of my toolchains, not
>> just the e500v2).
>
> Can you see if you can compile a simple C++ program that tries to
> include <fenv.h>? ÂE.g.,
>
> #include <fenv.h>
>
> int main( int argc, char * argv [] )
> {
> Â Âreturn 0;
> }
>
> And if you can do that, do you happen to have boost handy?
> Cross-compilling it is a huge PITA, but in case you're already using
> it...
>
> One other random tidbit: I can't compile the above code as a regular C
> program, either, which means that this might not be a C++-specific
> issue...
>
> Many thanks,
> Tony

Tony,

I got the same problem after rebuilding. This is related to the "c++
includes not getting searched for correctly?" thread.

As Arnaud has said, the "--with-gxx-include-dir" option is not correct
and does not solve the problem.

As I have mentioned, I think that creating and removing the
${CT_SYSROOT_DIR}/include symlink is also wrong and suggestive that we
are forced to create this because we are making a mistake somewhere
else (binutils? gcc_static/shared_core? libc-startfiles?) and we
should fix that problem first. I believe that if we can solve that
problem, the c++ headers issue will go away.

I will focus on this issue today, and will have some updates later.

-Bryan