Re: undefined reference to `copysignl' with uclibc on powerpc

All,

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 18:26:36 Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Yann E. MORIN
> <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > On Wednesday 29 September 2010 18:00:58 Doug Crawford wrote:
> >> I have this error in the libgomp configure.log when building gcc 4.5.1 with
> >> uclibc for powerpc.? From an earlier post I believe the issue?is copysignl is
> >> defined in libm rather than libc for uclibc.? But, I did not see any
> >> resolution.? Does anybody have a suggestion for this problem?
> >
> > Please see: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-10/msg00237.html
> > The patch has not been ported to gcc-4.5 yet.
> >
> Should I point out that the patch you refer to has been withdrawn by
> its author nearly 2 years ago ?

Yes it has been, indeed. But still, the issue remains, so a proper fix
has not yet been devised, and we can still not build a PPC compiler.
Or at least I have not found how to.

That the patch does not fix the real issue, and is merely a workaround until
the proper fix is done, then good. As soon as the proper fix exists, I'll be
glad to nuke the old one, and replace it with the new one. Until then, there
is a workaround...

Any hint, maybe?

> I guess that more time has been spent trying bogus fixes on that issue
> than understanding the subsystem involved and fixing it for real.

You are welcome to do so! ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.