Re: ct-ng -> git repos instead of single patches

* Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> wrote:

> the effort should be spent getting the patch upstream,

Good. But what's when upstream doesnt apply it in next release ?
That's exactly, why I started the oss-qm project several
years ago.

Keeping patches for just an specific version (assuming they're
obsoleted by next release) is no problem, but as soon as if you
have to keep them across multiple releases (or at least don't
know if you have to), it soon gets work-intensive. That's one of
the things, the rebase operation is good for.

> not finding a way to easily move 250 patches from rev A to
> rev B. Yes, that's a much more difficult effort.

For most cases, there's not much to do when using a proper
vcs like git. (man git-rebase) ;-p

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666