Re: crosstool with MPC5200B powerpc processor

Andy, All,

On Thursday 01 July 2010 12:18:19 Andy Gibbs wrote:
> A quick email to thank you for all your work on crosstool.

Cheers! :-)

> Using 1.7.1 I've
> got a very stable cross-compiler for my system based around a Freescale
> MPC5200B.  For interest these are the pertinent details, in case you want to
> add it to your list of successful builds on your website:

If you would send the .config file, that'd be very easy to add it as a
sample. If no longer have your .config file, you can get it back:

# (tuple)-ct-ng.config
Or:
# bzcat (toolchain_dir)/build.log.bz2 | ct-ng extractconfig

> What was interesting and I haven't yet tracked down is that not all of the
> tests that executed on the target were able to do so.  Most worked fine, but
> some (according to the detailed logs) were not found following the copy to
> the target.  I "found" them manually and could get them to execute from the
> console, but they were in a totally different folder to where they should
> have been.  Therefore this may be a bug in some of the gcc test scripts.

Hmmm... The test-suite feature (in crosstool-NG) is still quite young.
I haven't had time to play much with it. We'll see as time passes how
it evolves...

> But, needless to say, I'm very impressed how smooth an operation it has been
> on the whole.
> Many, many, many thanks!

Thank you! :-)

Regards,