Re: Error building ncurses.

On 06/30/2010 03:11 PM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
On Wednesday 30 June 2010 22:00:04 Ben Greear wrote:

Anyway, glibc-static on Fedora installs some static libs, including libdl.a.
I just installed that and I'm recompiling now.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Regarding your other mail, can we consider the issue resolved, then?

Well, I'm having interesting problems. The crosstool build finished clean, but now I can't get ncurses to cross-compile, using the same commands that worked yesterday with the partially built cross-tools tree. I'm still trying to figure out why, but it looks a bit like ncurses is a steaming pile :P

But static build is not required here, as tic for the build system is not
installed in the toolchain, and serves only to generate the target ncurses
static libs, that in turn are required to build gdb.

If we were to build tic as a dynamic executable, that'd solve the issue as
well, definitely. But strange that you be the first to hit the issue...

I'm lucky that way :)

If you could just do a check for static libs at the start of the compile
and tell user to install static glibc instead of failing an hour into
the compile, that would be fine with me.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>