Re: Libc problems with crosstool-ng 1.5.3...

Hello again and sorry.

I just found a libc.so (instead of libc.so.6) symbolic link had crept in somehow and this is probably what caused the compiler to make the wrong assumptions about the libc...

It's typical to find the cause of the problem yourself just after asking help after hunting it for too long...

Regards,

/Jakob

Jakob Viketoft wrote:
Hello!

I'm building software for an embedded Linux system and have been using crosstool-ng 1.5.3 during most of the time. Earlier in the project however the original crosstools where used and now I'm trying to tidy everything up to make it reproducible from current source code. I'm trying to replace the libc library from the original crosstool (libc-2.4) with the one found in the sys-root directory created by crosstool-ng (libc-2.9). However, this leads to several builds breaking during linking when building them with crosstool-ng. This worked fine with the previous libc library which really stumped me.

One example where I get the error is when compiling alsa-utils and giving the include and library paths to my rootfs. This breaks already during configure with the message:
/usr/local/arm-xscale-linux-gnu/bin/../arm-xscale-linux-gnu//sys-root/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
init.c:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `__libc_csu_fini'
init.c:(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init'

Any insights what's happening would be great... I'm including my .config file if it can be of assistance.

Regards,

/Jakob