eglibc no dns ?

I built a eglibc toolchain sucessfuly here, but after installing the
libc onto my little root filesystem, all works /appart/ from DNS. I
tried adding a /etc/nsswitch.conf file, but still no luck.

Any clue on how to get it working ? Is there a default config option
that makes it fail unless explicitely activated ?

Michael