Re: Support for multiple, concurrent version of tools

Hello,

During an internship last year,I had to use crosstools to make 3
different toolchains with different GCC and GLibc versions on the same
machine and under the same GNU/Linux system. And it did work without
any issues I can recall.
You have to set your environment variables in "arch.sh" or
"demo-arch.sh" according to your needs (for instance the RESULT_TOP to
the path where the toolchain should be installed, GCC_LANGUAGES for
the languages you need gcc to compile etc .., you can figure out the
other variables by checking the help files).
Then you personalise you gcc, gdb, glibc versions in the
gcc-x.x.x-glibc-x.x.x.dat file (where the x.x.x obviously stand for
versions).
And finally, execute the script and hopefully crosstools will take
care of the rest.
I have also tried compiling everything manually (which works just
fine, of course) but it was quite fastidious and in my case I got
exactly the same results as with crosstools because I didn't have any
specific needs for my toolchains.
I hope these indications may prove of help to your case, and if you
need more information, I'm willing to translate to my internship
report to English, in which I have a detailed description of what I
had to do to get the chaintools running (as you may suspect the
internship wasn't all about creating the toolchains, it was actually
about setting up a centralised compile server).

Kind Regards,
Khalifa
--
Khalifa ROUIS