Problem while building crosscompiler for arm9tdmi.

Hi ,
I am trying to build cross compiler for arm9tdmi by following the
steps http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.43/doc/crosstool-howto.html
with specifications
gcc-4.1.1
cgcc-3.3.6
glibc-2.3.2
binutils-2.16.1
linux-2.6.15.4
hdrs-2.6.12.0

After running the demo-arm9tdmi.sh,it finally ends up with

checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
checking version of gcc... 4.3.3, bad
checking for gnumake... no
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... make
checking version of make... 3.81, ok
configure: error:
*** These critical programs are missing or too old: gcc
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

My build system is ubuntu 9.04 with kernel 2.6.28 kernel and gcc
4.3.What's the actual problem.Is it 4.3 gcc version not sufficient to
build the cross-compiler with the above said specifications.In the
build log the above cross compiler has been built successfully.
Can anyone help on this issue.

Thanks
Naresh