Re: suggested patches for crosstool-ng v.1.3.2 -> adding uclibc++ support

Stefan,
All,

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 19:34:02 Stefan Hallas Andersen wrote:
> Attached is 3 patches to support uClibc++ in crosstool-ng v.1.3.2,

I'm really sorry Stefan, I haven't had much time to look in-depth at your
patches since you posted them... Maybe I'll have more time this WE...

Nonetheless, I have a few preliminary remarks:

- next time, could you please post a single patch, please? Makes it easier
  to review a single patch, as one can see related changes in multiple
  files.

- crosstool-ng-uclibc-kconfig.patch : don't mix unrelated changes (in this
  case, adding a new version to uClibc as well as adding the config knob
  for using uClibc++). Make two patches, and prefix them with a number so
  that I know in what order they must get applied.

- please try to rediff based on /trunk rather than on the 1.3 series. It's
  in maintenance, and will not get any new feature, only bug fixes. /trunk
  is still open for feature merge.

- why don't you use the existing infrastructure? Add a uClibc++ config file,
  add a uClibc++ build script, and, if needed, add a new step, or hack using
  uClibc++ directly in the existing gcc build procedure.

Can you try to address those issues, please?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |