Re: suggested patch for prompting for kernel version instead of using a static list

Hi Yann,

I understand your reasoning in having a known list of "supported"
kernels, but I also think flexibility/scalability is important and
giving the ability to deploy this in as many environments as in any way
possible.

Crosstool-ng already provides a quite broad set of sample configurations
which have always worked for me. I just think it's easier to understand
that if I change a config option from it's default value it might break
something than it not being available.

Using the pre-existing set of headers doesn't work well for what I'm
using this tool for, either I'd have to write a wrapping makefile around
crosstool taking care of preparation of the kernel headers or I'd have
to instruct people in how to do so. Also, I like that kernel header
preparation is part of this tool, it makes sense.

I really like you're idea of doing this through the kernel "drop down
list", of course protected by experimental.

Just my .10$

Best regards,
Stefan Hallas Andersen
Cisco Systems Inc.