Re: Crosstool-NG: error retrieving sstrip.c

Michael,
All,

On Monday 02 February 2009 14:27:08 michael wrote:
> Using crosstool-ng 1.3.2 there seems to be a bit of a snag when retrieving
> sstrip.c.  The first problem is that it looks for the local copy under the
> wrong name, as sstrip.c?view=co, rather than plain old sstrip.c
[--SNIP--]
> This is definitely a change from earlier versions of crosstool-ng (not
> sure when, though, I'm afraid).

We use sstrip from the buildroot tree, and the buildroot servers have
been migrated recently, so the sstrip URL has changed.

There is a complete fix in trunk, but it was not straight forward to
backport to the 1.3 series (as there have been quite some internal
changes). So I added a quick fix that should have allowed people to
quickly get running, but that was not quite enough.

> Indeed: when I look inside the src/sstrip directory ... the file is called
> sstrip.c?view=co again.
> I can see where the problem is happening: scripts/build/tools/200-sstrip.h
> - but the answer isn't very clear yet.

Change line 43 to (on a single line!), and see if it helps...
  CT_DoExecLog ALL cp -v "${CT_TARBALLS_DIR}/sstrip.c?view=co"
  "${CT_SRC_DIR}/sstrip/sstrip.c"

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |