Re: Build tips for arm cross toolchain

Jacky,
All,

On Friday 30 January 2009 02:24:06 Jacky Lam wrote:
> The build for CYGWIN is so far so good except the following problem:

Nice!

> 1) When doing menuconfig, the build script doesn't append -lncurses
> when building mconf. I have to manually add that.

From a fresh check-out of trunk , could you run:
./configure --local
make install
./ct-ng V=1 menuconfig

...and send (in private) the output, please?

> 2) Enable building DUMA will have error in CYGWIN, but even I open the
> full logging, it doesn't show any hints where is the error.

You have two places were you can find a log:
- the crosstool-NG build.log, in the toolchain installation directory
- the package's config.log, in the package's build directory (that's
  usually located in targets/foo-bar-buz-doo/build/build-package).

You can look in there what went wrong, and maybe deduce a fix (or
at least a workaround). Googling for "building duma cygwin) turned
up (ranked sixth):  http://duma.sourceforge.net/INSTALL ( which
should have been obvious! Hehe! :-) )

Care to look at that, please?

> After disabling DUMA, the toolchain build and works fine!

So, apart from these two glitches, you are saying that you managed to
build a working toolchain on cygwin? Great!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |