Re: disable thread-safe mpfr?

David,
All,

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 09:03:55 David Duverney wrote:
> I turned auround the problem editing the mpfr script and changing enable
> thread state by disable.

Make that conditional, so that it gets activated on Windows only.
Then a patch is welcome!

Did you try the patch in there:
http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2008-12/msg00010.html

> Building the crosstool chain takes hours and hours and I'm trying different
> configuration.
> At this time none are working... there is always something failing.

I don't do Windows, so this is as yet mostly untested. I already comitted
some obvious fixes, and even went as far as to make mconf work.

You will be facing whatever weirdness is incurred by the Cygwin POSIX
emulation on top the Win32 API, which is quite slow, and also may have
pitfalls in ome corner cases.

Plus, you will also face the autotools-based problems that will show up
under Cygwin, but that don't on Linux. You are welcome to report any
problem, and we'll try to sort them out.

I already said it, but I will repeat it once more: if anyone has fixes
and/or enhancements to crosstool-NG's reliability under Cygwin (or in
general, for that matters), I'll hapily commit them!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |