Re: Yet another cross-toolchain builder

El Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 08:26:46AM +0100 Martin Guy ha dit:

> I must be completely stupid.
>
> I've been in the cross-compiler game for 2 and a half years now and I
> only just found out that there is (and has always been) another
> complete open source cross-toolchain build system other than the old
> crosstool shell script and the crosstool-ng menuconfig thing.
>
> It's rather well hidden - the closest thing to a project page is
> http://pengutronix.de/oselas/toolchain/index_en.html
> and the instructions are almost impossible to find, in two PDFs under
> http://pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/
> You need the "InstallingPtxdist" and "BuildingToolchain" ones to get started.
> I *did* find these through the existing documentation and website, but
> I can't trace my steps to figure out how I got to them (!)

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes_en.html contains
links to the documents you mentioned (and others)

> It looks very promising - a menuconfig-based thing like ct-ng, but
> more complete and less chaotic, does gnueabi but only goes up to
> binutils-2.17 gcc-4.1.2 glibc-2.5
>
> I'm posting here about it because I've spent 2.5 years without even
> knowing about its existence and I assume others are in the same
> situation. Does anyone else outside Pengutronix have experience with
> using this system?

my experience is minimal, i used it some time ago to build
preconfigured ARM toolchains (generic ARM and ep93xx). the build was
smooth and the generated toolchains worked. i think i gotta have
another look :)

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Engineer

               For to be free is not merely to cast off
               one's chains, but to live in a way that
              respects and enhances the freedom of others
                           (Nelson Mandela)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-