Re: Problem using crosstool building gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2 .3.2 for powerpc-750

Finally, it seems that I succeeded. I did the following:

  - I used gcc-3.3.6 as host comiler; this solved the problem with the lvalue cast as was pointed out
    by Brian
  - I defined the "GCC_CORE_DIR" variable in the configuration file; probably this solved the problem
    with the "invalid option `new-mnemonics'", because now, the minimal ppc-compiler rather than
    the host compiler is invoked in the middle of the toolchain
  - I took glibc-2.2.2; I corrected the "glibc-2.1.3-allow-gcc3-versioninfo.patch" patch in the glibc-2.2.2
    directory, i.e. removed the "-e" parameter of the "echo"; now, the patch should be applied correctly and
    the problem with the unterminated string constant does not happen any more

At the end I got the desired compiler.

Best,
  Stephan