From: crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:crossgcc-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Yann E. MORIN
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 2:03 PM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Cc: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: pushing the limits: armeb with new components

[ ... ]

I've given up trying to build/use glibc with so-called 'exotic' architectures.
ARM and MIPS are my main concern, and glibc did drop them from officially
supported architectures.

Plus glibc is a pain to configure, even when ports is not needed. And it is
badly documented (there are usefull and meaningfull config flags that are
not documented, and you have to dwelve in the code to find them).

Plus it has many limitations when it comes to embedded: you can't reliably
statically build, because even in that case you need the dynamic linker and
the NSS .so libs... Sigh...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | * _ * | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |