Re: Non-working arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi toolchain (gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5)

On Oct 30, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:27:10AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

GCC's default is ARMv5t for EABI targets, one reason is that all
EABI requirements are well met besides others.

I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

Well I think I should have said the armv4t code was not efficient. function returns always needed to save LR due to BLX being absent. Calls between arm and thumb code, indirect function calls,global entry points for thumb functions in shared libraries also needed to save LR.

as Paul mentioned to me the armv4t thumb shared libraries did not work until fairly recently.

Khem Raj
MontaVista