Re: Floating Point Exception when running arm-linuc-gcc on another PC

Pelle Svensson wrote:
I get "Floating Point Exception" when I run arm-linuc-gcc.

First PC has following:
Fedora core 6
Nativ GCC 4.1.1
Crosstool: gcc-3.4.2-glibc-2.3.3

My second (the one with exception):
Fedora core 4 or 5
Nativ GCC 4.1.0
The problem is that FC6 turns on (by default) a linker option that creates binaries that FC5 (and earlier) can't run. There is a way to override it (don't recall what offhand, but I think the FC6 release notes talk about it), but I wouldn't be optimistic about your chances of finding all the places to patch to generate a whole toolchain with the right link option. We (where I work) deal with this by simply doing the toolchain builds on FC5, until we manage to upgrade all the machines to FC7.